About the Firm
Accomplished Illinois Attorney Resolves Divorce and Family Law Matters
Professional legal representation for Peoria clients in mediation and court proceedings
Going through a divorce can be a stressful time for any couple, especially if minor children or significant assets are involved. Attorney Richard W. Zuckerman has been successfully representing Peoria clients in complex family law and divorce cases for more than 40 years. Whether you need help establishing paternity, dividing marital property, negotiating or modifying a child support or custody arrangement, or appealing an unfair court decision, I am ready to resolve your legal issues through compassionate counsel and powerful advocacy.
Areas of Practice
Experienced Peoria family lawyer handles divorce, paternity, mediation and appeals
As a current member and former president of the Illinois chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, I provide clients in Peoria with sound advice and skilled representation in the following practice areas:
- Family law — I offer comprehensive family law services for divorce, property division, spousal and child support, child custody, post-decree modifications and other matters.
- Divorce — I represent clients in contested and uncontested divorce cases, guiding them through the entire process and working to resolve disagreements in an efficient and professional manner.
- Divorce mediation — Mediation offers a potentially faster and less costly alternative to leaving your divorce in the hands of a judge. I protect clients’ interests throughout the divorce mediation process, including negotiating and reviewing settlements.
- Paternity — I help Illinois mothers and fathers legally establish paternity to aid in resolving child support, custody and visitation issues.
- Appellate law — When a lower court issues an unjust ruling, I use my extensive knowledge of Illinois appellate law and argumentation skills to mount a strong appeal.
- Alternative dispute resolution — Not all cases need to go to court. I can help you determine whether mediation might offer a better solution, possibly saving you time, stress and money.
If you need help in one of these areas, let me put more than four decades of experience to work resolving your legal issues.
Contact a seasoned Illinois divorce and family law attorney to discuss your rights and options
Richard W. Zuckerman is a dedicated divorce lawyer serving families in the Peoria, Illinois area. To schedule a confidential meeting, please call my office at 309-413-0558 or contact me online